ISS is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. ISS may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25/5/2018.
What we collect
We collect your name and email address when you use the subscribe form on our website.
We also collect your name and email addresses if you decide to use our e-newsletter platform which is provided by MailChimp. We use this platform to deliver important information about the upcoming Conference as well as new closely related events for health professionals.
For the purpose of registration, we use registration systems like Tito or Exordo, through which we collect all relevant information for the purpose of you to be able to register and attend the Conference. This information includes your name, affiliation, email, phone contact, social media handles/links, job title, country and dietary and/or access requirements.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information primarily to be able to provide registration and attendance to the Congress delegates, speakers or guests. We also need it to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Registration & Attendance for the Conference Delegates.
- Communicating with you to make sure you have all important information regarding the Congress attendance, abstract submission, registration and general information. We also communicate with you should we require an important piece of information that we couldn’t/didn’t obtain through registration or subscription from your part.
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new closely related events for health professionals
- ISS may provide an attendee list to sponsors, co-sponsors and exhibitors at the event. If you do not wish to have your information included in an attendee list, you can express your preferences when you register for events or you may contact the ISS directly at email@example.com.
Cookies are bits of internet code that store relevant information on a website. The information stored generally includes helpful things like your preferred language settings and the ability to save your password information.
To find out more about browser session cookies please visit your browser help information.
INTERNET EXPLORER: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ie/windows-vista/block-or-allowcookies
MOZILLA FIREFOX: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-websitepreferences
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email Kerry O’Sullivan at email@example.com. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible, at the above email address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.